Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 62 - 2 March 2012

Hello!

You know what? I'm amazed at how well I am going with this daily photo challenge. I had my doubts if I would even make it this far. Taking a photo everyday is quite a challenge! I am having so much fun with it. I have missed a couple of days here and there, but not many, and I'm okay with that.

Day 62 I came back into my garden. The daily photo is of a spider. I don't know for certain what type of spider it is, but I believe it is a Golden Orb. We have them everywhere around here. They are quite large. They don't worry me, other than their huge webs being all over the yard. I'm always walking into the webs, ugh! (I don't like that sticky web feeling all over my face and  head).
This spider was attached to this pretty plant.

Today's added bonus is some night time shots. These are the shots I wanted to take for Carly Robertson's Photo Friday challenge two weeks ago. Two weeks ago the sky was cloudy all week. Last night I was bringing the washing in when I noticed a clear sky. By the time I ran in to get my camera and tripod and got back out, the clouds had started coming over, but I still got a few photos.
Washing line on the left, house on the right, my frangipani and the neighbour's palms along the bottom of the shot. The Southern Cross is under that cloud in the middle of the frame.

Patience won out, and I caught the Southern Cross as the clouds moved around the sky:

:-)
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photo of the spider. I would be scared walking through a web if I knew that big thing might be attached!!

    ReplyDelete